Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K-12 School system needs a new phone system, IT Dept hates the small CUCM installation we did as a test.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-12 School system needs a new phone system, IT Dept hates the small CUCM installation we did as a test.

My organization, a k-12 public school is in need of a new phone system. We've ran 3com NBXs with over 500 phones for over a decade and its a miracle that they are still working after all this time, and they were great aside from the fact they are no longer available. We put in a CUCM BE6K for one site and absolutely hate the management of it. Its a 10 minute process across 3 different servers to change the name on one phone and extension (maybe there is an easier way, I'm open to input). We tried Meraki phones with mixed results and I just found out that the MC74 line is going to be discontinued and relaunched in a year or so due to issue. We loved the management of those, but there were call quality issues. We need something relatively simple that can do voicemail, call transfers, call control, calling groups, IVRs, and call parking would be nice but not a deal breaker.

Hey bsikes. If you're still searching for a solution, let me recommend that you check out the 3CX platform. It's very robust and the management is super simple (relatively). There is built in functionality for multi-location installations and has been ideal for a few large school systems that I've consulted on. If you're still searching, let me know if you have any questions I can help answer.

Comment

Working...
    X